Friday, June 29, 2012

Dallas Mini Vacay



One of Nick's buddies that he worked with in So Cal was in Texas for training. We ended up meeting up with him for a day of fun in Dallas. It was so nice to get out of Louisiana for the day and have some fun that much more my speed. Dallas is about a three hour drive for us, not too far, but does take a little planning.

Our first spot was the Dallas Farmers Market. We were planning on having lunch at the Pecan Lodge, but the line was over an hour...not something we can really do with a toddler. But...don't be discouraged if you plan to go, we heard the food was worth the wait. Instead we ate at a tamale place. It was good...not as good as the home made ones I have had with friends, but definitely better than anything we've had in Louisiana.

We took a short walk around the market...and let me tell you the fruits and veggies smelled and looked amazing! If we were going home, I would have picked some up. But they never would have lasted in the car in the heat.

Our next stop was the Dallas World Aquarium Zoo. Let me just say...WOW! I loved it! There was a wait to get in, about 30 minutes, but it was in the shade and totally worth it. If you go, I would say, go during the week. It was very crowded. But again...totally worth it. The place is a few stories tall...you start at the top and walk your way down. It is very open...you are able to see the animals up close, and there are animals every where! Cute little monkeys, a manatee in a pool, a giant crocodile, and tons of tress and plants. It is beautiful.



Our next stop was purely for dad. :) He shops for computer stuff on TigerDirect.com and found out there was a store in Dallas. So we headed there for Nick to visit geek heaven.

Our final stop was the Galleria. Yeah....this is more like it! Malls here in LA are so small. Just nothing like what I'm used to. Even the largest one in the area, although nice is small in comparison. But the Galleria was amazing, huge, and had all the stores and eateries (well...not all, but many) that I was missing. I did not have a chance to go through the whole thing, But from what I saw...there are 4 levels and an ice rink. I was so extremely happy to be able to get one of my favorites...a caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. The small things in life...make me happy. :)



Anyway....it was just nice to get away. It was a much needed break from the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive suggestions are fine...but please be respectful and do not post negative stuff on here. I am encouraging a positive atmosphere for other stay at home parents.