Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nap Time = Me Time

I had just put my daughter down for a nap when Nick came home early from work. I made myself lunch and sat down to eat as he went out to the yard to mow the lawn. When he came back in, I was still sitting at the kitchen table browsing the internet on my iPad. He asked what I was doing and I said "looking at birds." Nick: "why are you going to become a bird watcher?" Me: "No...just curious what birds are in our yard." He leaves the room, comes back and sees me staring out the window..."is this what you do every day when she is napping?" Me: "no...sometimes its just nice to sit in the quiet.

And that got me thinking...what do I usually do when she is napping?

I'm not one to nap. I usually wake up feeling groggy and grumpy and like I wasted the day. So...here's a short list of a few things I do while my daughter naps...what about you...what do you do with this time?

  • Eat lunch (because I enjoy my one quiet meal of the day)
  • Clean dishes
  • Start laundry
  • Pick up the trail of books and toys that are spread over the house
  • Write a blog
  • Browse the internet (email, pinterest, facebook)
  • If its Thursday take out the all the trashes
  • Read a magazine
  • Knit or watching knitting and crotchet videos for new techniques
  • Give myself a mani/pedi

I am so active when she is awake, we have learning time, meals times, play time, walks, errands...that when it is nap time, it's nice to just enjoy the peace. :) And it usually only lasts 1-2 hours, so I gotta enjoy it while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive suggestions are fine...but please be respectful and do not post negative stuff on here. I am encouraging a positive atmosphere for other stay at home parents.