Friday, September 14, 2012

Vacation is Good for the Soul: Part 1

We just returned from a two week vacation back to Southern California....and it was so very needed and appreciated. I have a bunch of thank you cards I need to write. :) And although I hated to leave and cried like a baby on the plane, I feel like I can deal with life out here a little better. I didn't just do things and see people, I actually learned life lessons and things about myself as well. Just like anything else, there were ups and downs, people I wish I could have spent more time with or even could have seen, and things there just was not enough time to do. That said...over all it was a great trip and I am going to focus on the good that came of it.

Look at that smog...gross...but I do miss the mountain landscape!


We went to the LA Arboretum in Arcadia. This was a place I went to many many times as a child. It has changed so much! It really is a beautiful place BUT...I was really disappointed with a couple things. First, it used to be free to go, now it costs $18 per person to go in. Second, more than half the things I went to see (like the rose garden) were not accessible because they were watering with giant sprinklers. Third, there are far less ducks, geese, swans, and peacocks than there used to be. In fact... did not see any swans or geese. I'm still glad I went...but I probably won't be back.
 Mom and baby peacock
A male peacock resting in the shade of a big tree
Standing on a giant snake head
Queen Anne's Cottage 
Fountain from my childhood
The International food festival in Orange is a yearly event. Foods from different regions of the world are featured. It's a very fun event. Lots of food (of course) and some good bands! I had a chicken taco, gyro, danish cookie, and a glass of champagne.  I wanted some more stuff...but it was super crowded and I had a tired baby.
Alien balloon at the food fest

After the food fest, we had a grown ups night out. My mom babysat and a couple of friends and family members came out with us to an old stomping ground, the Canyon Inn in Yorba Linda. I heard this was featured on Bar Rescue, funny to me since it used to always be packed on the weekends. But heading back there is was a very slow night. Maybe because it was country night...maybe it has just lost its luster. Not sure....but we had fun. And for me...it was awesome because I haven't had a night out since before we moved.


We had a pool party. Perfect amount of people. Thanks to everyone who came.

Disneyland! I miss being so close and having a season pass so I can just jet down. We didn't do any grown up rides, just the kiddie ones for Liv. She is finally at an age where she enjoyed it. I think her favorites were Small World and meeting Mickey Mouse. I was also excited that my cousin, Chelsey and her daughter, Stella joined us. :)

 Liv sporting her Figaro shirt...Main Street
Happy 1st anniversary to my sis and brother-in-law!
Nick's tradition honoring his grandma seeing the original movies
My Mom and me at Mickey's Cinema
Cinderella's Castle...always brings out my little princess
Taking a ride through Storybook Land
Nap time
 The turkey that is pardoned by the President
 Liv meets Mickey! The next day she said "I love Mickey Mouse!"
Her other favorite, Small World

 
We went to the new Car's Land in California Adventure and got this traffic cone cup
The dragon, knight, and horse are all made out of legos - Downtown Disney
Beauty and the Beast made of legos

That was our first week...more to come :)



***I hate to have to do this...but there are some bad people out there who steal photos and try to pass them off as their own or use them for malicious purposes. Let me be clear...I am NOT by any means a soft person who would roll over and allow that. If I see my photos are stolen, or used for unauthorized purposes, I will go after that person with everything I have...and trust me, I will make that person's life absolutely miserable. These photos belong to me, and can only be used with my written consent. I will not tolerate any funny business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive suggestions are fine...but please be respectful and do not post negative stuff on here. I am encouraging a positive atmosphere for other stay at home parents.