Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chalkboard Toy Box



My dogs needed a toy box...I needed to test out my technique with chalkboard paint...and an idea was born. I have been saving all of Liv's diaper boxes. I used them initially when we moved, but those are gone. I knew these things would come in handy for something.

I cut off the top flaps, laid out some newspaper, and used my chalkboard spray paint (outside of course). They key to chalkboard paint is to not spray too much at a time. Do very thin layers and let it dry a little before spraying again. Too much makes it puddle and dry funny.

After allowing the paint to completely dry (the instructions suggest 24 hours), I used some duct tape I had bought and never used to decorate the box. Viola! Project complete. This was very easy to do. BUT if you are not crafty and still want one for yourself (organizing, dog toys, magazines, kids toys, newspapers, books)...I would be happy to make one for you. I have different sized boxes and the decorating possibilities are endless. Then you can write with chalk what you are using the box for, and changing its purpose is easy! You can even use it instead of a gift basket and put the recipient's name on it and a message.

If you would like one, just let me know and I am happy to do it for $6 plus shipping. I am going to pre-make a few and put them up on Etsy as well. :)

 Made this one for my geek :) using wrapping paper and Mod Podge



Available for Sale: Love My Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive suggestions are fine...but please be respectful and do not post negative stuff on here. I am encouraging a positive atmosphere for other stay at home parents.